How can I prevent HIV?

To help prevent HIV, you can take a medication called PrEP (preexposure prophylaxis) or PEP (postexposure prophylaxis). If you are HIV negative and have an HIV positive partner(s), taking PrEP or PEP can help prevent HIV during sexual contact. Speak with a healthcare provider to decide what may be right for you. Save this question to your favorites if you'd like to talk about it more with your healthcare provider.
< back to all questions